I was so sick of hearing the president-elect. Or we only have one president at a time. I agree with Barney Frank at the time of that statement he was overstating the number of presidents we currently had. Bush had been phoning it in for awhile even before election.
Well yesterday that most interminable 77 days in history finally well ended.
After noon eastern time I felt this great lightness in my core every time someone uttered the words the president or vice president and they meant Obama and Biden not Darth Vader and his apprentice.
It was such a strange feeling to not have this hostile teeth gritting gut reactions to the words the president. It was wonderful the best day in a really long time. It was truly the gift that kept on giving. It dawned on me anew each time. Oh yeah they mean Barack Obama,thats right he is president now. Its weird that even with that seemingly eternal transition I still hadn't absorbed the idea. I think I just thought he would constantly approach the presidency but never actually arrive. But he did,boy did he. It certainly is nice to not dread the words the President of the United States of America.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment