Please continue to throw this stuff out into the light of day. What will really happen in the end?
I hope that we find that in fact no one is above the law.I was mightily surprise when they started releasing this memos. Pleasantly so. I think it is a giant leap in the right direction. Sunlight is a great disinfectant.
I am asking myself what they hope the end result will be? If you want people to move forward and not look back this is probably the wrong way to go. This is wood to the fire. This is the same thing in effect as introducing evidence into the public domain. Could that be the point?Are they putting this out there and hope that either public pressure builds to the point that the administration will have "no choice" but to prosecute and thus avoid looking partisan or vindictive. President Obama has said that no one is above the law and if there is evidence of wrong doing. Well what are these memo's if not evidence? They must realize that this could blow up in their face if nothing happens except people read some memos. In my dreams the interenational court picks these things up and we let them have the culrpits. Dreaming is good.
Whatever happens its still a big leap forward for good governance that they aren't hiding behind old arguments about secrecy. I just hope this isn't the end. If we don't have the rule of law we havn't got anything.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:
Post a Comment