Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bank Of America To Stop Financing Mountaintop Removal


Where did this come from? I read this and my first cynical question is what is the real motivation? Did the CEO get a visit form the ghost of Christmas future? Did someone fall asleep watching the Al Gore movie? Or did they like me read what is actually involved in this process?

Its obscene they rape the mountain to get a few more cents per ton out of the deal. They blow off the top literally, scoop it out then put a bit of vegetation on top and called it "reclaimed". Yeah its like a guy who had a thick head of hair and then gets a botched hairplug operation. It is not the same and only an obtuse jackass would think so. Don't even get me started on what happens to the air quality and the water table.

You know what I have decided I don't' care why Bank of America wants to stop funding this atrocity I just hope they follow through and influence others to do the same and if they don't stop funding make the interest rate higher so it makes more sense to do it responsibly.
About Environment
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Austin, TX
Creole Philosopher and political junkie

Followers