Wow real scientists working in an administration. What a concept. Phew I wish someone had thought of this sooner.
We should leave at least one Nobel laureate for the other side to play with however, in the interest of fairness we shouldn't have them all on our team it's like the 1992 Olympic team.
Oh wait the other side(reps) don't believe in science. They think prayer will fix it all. They also think that some how pumping tons of toxins into the air could not possibly have an effect. They weren't pay attention in high school I guess solutes and solvents. Prayer is all well and good but I am pretty sure I remember something about god helping those who help themselves.
The conservatives seem to confuse their strict father and nuturant father frames at odd times. For social issues it seems to be strict get it yourself and if you can't you are baddd boy strict father model.Strict father is the model that thinks using the common wealth for the common good is bad and promotes every man for himself.
However,for big issues like the world turning to an uninhabitable garbage heap it seems they switch to a nuturant forgiving father model. As in god will fix it cause he loves us. In their own primary meme of strict father the opposite should happen, we should be punished for not behaving morally towards god's main creation. I myself am agnostic I am just attempting to understand how one group of people can be so backwards and messed up. If you want to read more on strict vs. nuturant father frames check out George Lakoff.
Its nice to see that we petty humans will now be relying on scientfic experts to help get us not just out of the fix in regards to the enviroment but also our declining lead in science. The importance of this cannot be stressed enough. Not just for America but for the world. There are serious problems facing us. I personally think we could run out of essential materials before it gets to hot and need to be come more effeicnet. Which will in turn control global warming. But it won't be magic. Thank fully we will have an admin who trusts the big brains instead of calling them nerds and putting their "faith" in blind things.
About President Obama
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:
Post a Comment