This is truly pathetic. We as Americans should be sad that it has come to this.About 83% said the president was either incompetent or an outright idiot. Wow. The worst part is that on the Huffington Post right now people are arguing in their comments that this isnt' harsh enough. People Ignorant was number 3. What else is left to say. If you are incompetent,idiotic and ignorant that is about as bad as it gets right.Ignorant and imcompetent can be fixed stupid is permanant.
Well 16 percent said he was honorable I guess that's something. I mean I felt bad for the humiliation he suffered at having a shoe thrown at him. Then there was the time the world leaders didn't offer their hands to shake on stage for the big group photo.Ouch. If you can't even get the basic courtesy that would normally be extended to your office you know you've f'ed up.
I canceled my short lived group on face book,entitled free the Iraqi shoe tosser after a friend said he wasn't comfortable with the premise and that Bush was still president and that the incident was an affront to the office. Which I understand but the greatest affrontery had already taken place you see. That is what has driven people to show this man such deep disrespect. I wasn't arguing that the guy should go scott free but he should be charged and should be visited by the red cresecnt to ascertain his healthy. Some reports have him being beaten so badly that he has internal bleeding. This may or may not be true. But if he is shown to be treatedly brutally I fear what the people of Iraq may do. This is a teachable moment if the Iraqis handle it correctly.
Still my freind had a point so to not invite more comments or give the impression that I am for throwing things at the still president I cancelled the group. But just try to comprehend what Bush has done to the US and the office of the presidency to warrant such behavior not just from the shoe tosser but actual world leaders. How about the time the time he got off the Marine one and waved to two bystanders and they didn't wave back,in the U.S. People dislike their own president enough to not even be bothered to wave back.That would be showing too much respect. Having shoes thrown at him did not demean his office any more than what he had already done.
About George Bush
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:
Post a Comment